Last Modified: September 3, 2020
Acceptance of the Community User Terms
This Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older and not a Restricted Person. ACAMS has the right to suspend or terminate Your access if ACAMS determines You are a Restricted Person. For purposes of this section, Restriction Person means an individual that is prohibited from engaging in certain transactions based on applicable law and ACAMS’ policies, which may be updated from time to time. By using this Website, You represent and warrant that You are of legal age to form a binding contract with the ACAMS, are not a Restricted Person and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements.
If You do not meet all of these requirements, You must not access or use the Website.
Changes to the Community User Terms
We may revise and update these Community User Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them and apply to all access to and use of the Website thereafter.
Your continued use of the Website following the posting of revised Community User Terms means that You accept and agree to the changes. You are expected to check this page so You are aware of any changes, as they are binding on You.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
- Ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Community User Terms and comply with them.
Your user name and password must be treated as confidential information and You must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that Your account information is personal to You and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using Your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us promptly of any unauthorized access to or use of Your user name or password or any other breach of security in which You become aware of.
We have the right to disable Your user name, password, or other identifier, if, in our opinion, You have violated any provision of these Community User Terms.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Community User Terms. You agree not to use the Website:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material that does not comply with the Content Standards set out in these Community User Terms.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail," "chain letter," "spam," or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate ACAMS, an ACAMS employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined solely by us, may harm ACAMS or users of the Website, or expose ACAMS or users to liability.
Additionally, You agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized in these Community User Terms, without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
This Website contains message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features (collectively, "Interactive Services") that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, "post") content or materials (collectively, "User Contributions") on or through the Website.
All User Contributions must comply with the Content Standards set out in these Community User Terms.
Any User Contribution You post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contributions on the Website, You grant us, our affiliates, service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns a perpetual license to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, incorporate and create derivative works from all User Contributions.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
- All of Your User Contributions do and will comply with these Community User Terms.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not ACAMS, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
ACAMS is not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by You or any other user of the Website.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Take any action with respect to any User Contributions that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such User Contributions violates the Community User Terms, including the Content Standards, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Website or the public, or could create liability for us.
- Disclose Your identity or other information about You to any third party who claims that material posted by You violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
- Terminate or suspend Your access to all or part of the Website for any violation of these Community User Terms.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS ACAMS AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ACAMS DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
We do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of ACAMS or any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Additionally, to ensure the best possible experience of the Interactive Services, ACAMS has established the following basic guidelines for participation in the Interactive Services. Violations of these rules may result in ACAMS taking action in accordance with the section titled “Monitoring and Enforcement: Termination” above.
- The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Don't challenge or attack others. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any Forum.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws. If You endorse or promote any product in which You receive any incentive resulting from a purchase of such endorsement or promotion, You shall disclose such fact in Your User Contribution.
- Remember that other users have the right to reproduce postings to these Forums.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of Your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge.
- Sharing, copying, disclosing or sharing ACAMS certification exam questions, certificate course exam questions, or any exam review content on any website, forum or interactive messaging board is strictly prohibited. ACAMS monitors the Interactive Forums, other public forums, internet and third party publications for content that infringes ACAMS intellectual property rights.
If you have questions about the guidelines or content standards please contact the member services department.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes.
This Website includes content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by ACAMS, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the ACAMS. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
If you believe that any User Contributions violate Your copyright, please email email@example.com.
Disclaimer of Warranties
NEITHER ACAMS NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH ACAMS REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ACAMS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS OR DATA.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER ACAMS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH ACAMS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE OR ACAMS CONTENT. Additionally, acams does not warrant that ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, ACAMS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ACAMS, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ACAMS, its affiliates, licensors, and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Community User Terms or Your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, Your User Contributions, any use of the Website's content, services, and products other than as expressly authorized in these Community User Terms, or Your use of any information obtained from the Website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All matters relating to the Website and these Community User Terms, and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction).
Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Community User Terms or the Website shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Illinois, in each case located in the City of Chicago and County of Cook, although we retain the right to bring any suit, action, or proceeding against you for breach of these Community User Terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
Waiver and Severability
No waiver by ACAMS of any term or condition set out in these Community User Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of ACAMS to assert a right or provision under these Community User Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Community User Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Community User Terms will continue in full force and effect.